Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Aug-20, 13:22
ssddfaudhey

Default Re: Escape from holds

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlebrett [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have done literally hundreds of sessions and I know the good and bad of it. I was not demeaning anyone or doubting anyone’s skill. But the point of the question seemed to me to be inferring that these were holds that were virtually inescapable. I was pointing out that that isn’t necessarily the case. I have been tapped by many, many ladies much smaller than myself, though I’m happy to say that it’s never happened once via body triangle! 😂

I get what you're saying,but i think you misunderstood what I'm saying. Its definately possible to escape, just difficult if shes experienced and you're not.Also most eont just let you keep trying they will be going for chokes etc .The body triangle keeps you in place while they go for the othrer submissions.My wife and her friend have both squeezed me tight enough to make breathing difficult in the body triangle.It takes alot of leg strength and technique.
Old 30-Aug-20, 07:54
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diodidio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
ok so
how get out from this?
Don't be skinny.
The Following User Says Thank You to InTheFlesh86 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Aug-20, 12:09
Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Don't be skinny.
Escaping a hold like this can be simple to escape for someone who is familiar with pressure points. Joanna Needham, who I sessioned with years ago was very familiar with them.
Old 06-Sep-22, 09:25
philla76

I feel like escape holds like bjj drills should feature more in videos and sessions.
I especially like the ones you escape from but the other person is significantly better and picks it up and you're in another submission.

Armbar escape to back control
Kimura escape to back control

I'm very interested in seeing and participating in these, especially the traditional wrestling reset. You start in position and the female takes you down and all you have to do is get to the other side of the room. It would be demoralizing to be unable to escape time and time again despite your best efforts.
Old 29-Sep-23, 23:44
Points: 4,418, Level: 28 Points: 4,418, Level: 28 Points: 4,418, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

There are a few things to bear in mind when you try to escape from a hold that a skilled female wrestler has put you in.
a) You may very well end up in a worse hold.
b) You may anger her and she will probably take some painful or humiliating revenge.
If you are just being pinned, it may be better to accept that you have been pinned by a far better wrestler and to submit to her.
Old 30-Sep-23, 00:40
Points: 10,621, Level: 44 Points: 10,621, Level: 44 Points: 10,621, Level: 44
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,977 Times in 223 Posts

Lee Price with awesome legs and you'll never get out of that nelson. You're whipped! Give it up big man!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (309.3 KB, 75 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to goncrazy01 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Sep-23, 15:14
Last Achievements

Things I have often seen when guys try to escape from a hold by a more skillful female wrestler. These all tend to end up with the guy still pinned and in a worse position than he was in before his attempt to escape. At the very least the energy the guy uses up in a failed attempt to escape quickly wears him down and any strength advantage he may have had is soon lost, so that he becomes weaker than the female wrestler, who is usually much fitter. Any further attempts to escape become even less likely to succeed.

Guy is pinned in a breast smother with the lady straddling him.
He tries to roll her to the side. She adds a body scissor to the breast smother.
He brings his legs up to try to bridge. She adds a grapevine on his legs to the breast smother.
He tries to buck her off but she relaxes on top and as she is locked onto his head he cannot shift her. Her body weight thuds back down on top of him driving the remaining air out. I have personal experience of that one. It was very effective.

Guy is pinned in a school girl pin with the lady's calves under his shoulders.
He rolls her to the side. She stretches out her legs to catch him in a neck scissors.

Guy is pinned in a school girl pin with the lady kneeling on his arms.
He tries to bench press her off. She slides forward into a face sit, completely smothering him, or she extends her legs back and applies a body scissors, or she pushes her knees out along his biceps and into his elbow joints, preventing the attempt and painfully mashing his biceps.
Guy brings up his legs to try to hook her off backwards. She grabs both ankles and leans forward adds a folding press to the school girl pin.

Guy is pinned in a side head lock.
He tries to get her off.
She adds a scissor on his arm, and slides her upper leg slightly back to apply an arm lock.
She converts from the side headlock to straddle him and adds a breast smother.
She gets him into an arm pit smother.

Guy is being straddled and tries to avoid being pinned by turning to his side or onto his front.
Lady catches him in a body scissor and rear naked choke, or body scissor and full nelson, or body scissor and double arm twist.

Guy is pinned in a rear face sit. He tries to push up to get some air. The lady shuffles back or leans back so that he is smothered again. He tries to move down. The lady shuffles forward to keep him under her ass and punches him in the stomach which knocks the fight out of him. The lady adds a grapevine onto his arms with her calves and ankles to stop any further chance of escape.

Guy tries to bulldoze the lady over. She simply opens her thighs and catches him in a head scissor.

There are ways to escape from most holds, but equally there are ways for a skilled female wrestler to prevent escape from most holds, and to convert attempts to escape to more secure, painful and / or humiliating holds.
Old 30-Sep-23, 16:56
Points: 10,621, Level: 44 Points: 10,621, Level: 44 Points: 10,621, Level: 44
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,977 Times in 223 Posts

Big man humiliated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (639.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 30-Sep-23, 17:05
Points: 3,208, Level: 23 Points: 3,208, Level: 23 Points: 3,208, Level: 23
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldownd [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Things I have often seen when guys try to escape from a hold by a more skillful female wrestler. These all tend to end up with the guy still pinned and in a worse position than he was in before his attempt to escape. At the very least the energy the guy uses up in a failed attempt to escape quickly wears him down and any strength advantage he may have had is soon lost, so that he becomes weaker than the female wrestler, who is usually much fitter. Any further attempts to escape become even less likely to succeed.

Guy is pinned in a breast smother with the lady straddling him.
He tries to roll her to the side. She adds a body scissor to the breast smother.
He brings his legs up to try to bridge. She adds a grapevine on his legs to the breast smother.
He tries to buck her off but she relaxes on top and as she is locked onto his head he cannot shift her. Her body weight thuds back down on top of him driving the remaining air out. I have personal experience of that one. It was very effective.

Guy is pinned in a school girl pin with the lady's calves under his shoulders.
He rolls her to the side. She stretches out her legs to catch him in a neck scissors.

Guy is pinned in a school girl pin with the lady kneeling on his arms.
He tries to bench press her off. She slides forward into a face sit, completely smothering him, or she extends her legs back and applies a body scissors, or she pushes her knees out along his biceps and into his elbow joints, preventing the attempt and painfully mashing his biceps.
Guy brings up his legs to try to hook her off backwards. She grabs both ankles and leans forward adds a folding press to the school girl pin.

Guy is pinned in a side head lock.
He tries to get her off.
She adds a scissor on his arm, and slides her upper leg slightly back to apply an arm lock.
She converts from the side headlock to straddle him and adds a breast smother.
She gets him into an arm pit smother.

Guy is being straddled and tries to avoid being pinned by turning to his side or onto his front.
Lady catches him in a body scissor and rear naked choke, or body scissor and full nelson, or body scissor and double arm twist.

Guy is pinned in a rear face sit. He tries to push up to get some air. The lady shuffles back or leans back so that he is smothered again. He tries to move down. The lady shuffles forward to keep him under her ass and punches him in the stomach which knocks the fight out of him. The lady adds a grapevine onto his arms with her calves and ankles to stop any further chance of escape.

Guy tries to bulldoze the lady over. She simply opens her thighs and catches him in a head scissor.

There are ways to escape from most holds, but equally there are ways for a skilled female wrestler to prevent escape from most holds, and to convert attempts to escape to more secure, painful and / or humiliating holds.
These are awesome, got anymore?
Old 30-Sep-23, 20:29
Last Achievements

Here are a few more that are fairly common

Guy is on top of the girl but is in a body scissor.
He tries to dig his elbows into her thighs. Lady pulls his head down into a breast smother and rolls on top.
He tries to stand up and power forward through the body scissor. Again she pulls his head down into a breast smother or a guillotine choke, and if that does not stop him, she rolls him to the side.

Guy is in a 69 head scissor and tries to escape by rolling the lady to the side. She grabs his balls, and while he is in pain, she momentarily opens her legs at the knees to get a wider based and rolls him back onto his back, then crosses her legs to resume the head scissor.
Alternatively she converts the 69 head scissor to reverse figure 4 triangle which widens her base to stop the roll and he ends up with his face forced into her ass.

Lady catches guy in a standing side headlock.
The guy is no expert but has read a few things about how to escape from a headlock.
Guy tries to get a leg behind to take her backwards. Lady allows this but ensures that she lands on him with her ass in his gut and she still has the headlock on. She flicks over in a breast smother straddle pin.
Guy tries to put an arm up to her face to push her back. She loops her arm around his and applies an ab stretch.
Guy tries to stand up. Lady continues to rotate him round and down, putting a leg across so that she lands heavily on him when he goes down.
Guy tries to pull back, which weakens his balance to the front. The lady uses the headlock to rotate his body into her, which puts all the guys weight onto his right foot locking it in place. The lady continues to rotate the guy into her while also turning around, the guy falls to his knees and then she just powers into him, knocking him onto his back where she secures the headlocks. Certainly had this done to me a few times. I know what she is doing to me but stopping it is another matter.
Guy tries to move around the lady. Lady puts her hip across and throws the guy over her hip and lands heavily on him, still maintaining the headlock.
Guy in the headlock actually manages to stand up but the lady maintains the headlock, and jumps up, her weight falling back down, bends him forward again and she takes him down.

There are lots of examples. The point is that we are generally talking about an unskilled man, who may initially be a little stronger in the upper body than the female wrestler.
His opponent is a far more skilled female wrestler.
While a little weaker than the man in the upper body, she is considerably stronger than the average girl, so the difference is not as big as might be expected. She is a lot fitter than the man. As the match goes on the guy will tire and will often end up weaker than the lady in the upper body.
The female wrestler may well start out just as strong if not stronger in the lower body.

With only a slight upper body strength advantage and little in the way of wrestling knowledge the guy actually stands little chance against a skilled female wrestler. We are generally talking about guys who are office workers who don't get much exercise during the day. We are generally talking about ladies who wrestle regularly, train in other martial arts, and do some weight training. It is not that surprising that the guys generally lose. There are also lots of psychological points that help the lady to win.