Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Sep-17, 19:06
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: blood choke knockouts and safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
To cause nerve damage inside the vertebrae you need to either break or crush the bone.

Dear friends, you should know that all nerves goes through the neck, but not all of them goes through vertebrae. And this nerves could be affected by scissors and another hard presses on the neck.
In the post I responded to, he was talking specifically about Nerves coming from the brain, through the neck, down the spine. Sounded a lot like he was referencing the spinal cord. I'm all for safety and caution but that sounded like a bit much. Do you know anyone who's suffered nerve damage from a head-scissor? I've never heard of that. I've heard of muscular damage, slipped disks, sore neck, headaches, restricted bloodflow. I've never heard of nerve damage. I'm open to being wrong, but I felt the post went too far including the nerves that go from the brain to the spine.
Old 27-Sep-17, 10:27
Points: 9,286, Level: 41 Points: 9,286, Level: 41 Points: 9,286, Level: 41
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In the post I responded to, he was talking specifically about Nerves coming from the brain, through the neck, down the spine. Sounded a lot like he was referencing the spinal cord. I'm all for safety and caution but that sounded like a bit much. Do you know anyone who's suffered nerve damage from a head-scissor? I've never heard of that. I've heard of muscular damage, slipped disks, sore neck, headaches, restricted bloodflow. I've never heard of nerve damage. I'm open to being wrong, but I felt the post went too far including the nerves that go from the brain to the spine.
I have spoken with someone who said they had some numbness in their hand the day after some brutal headscissors. It may depend on whether the person has related health/medical issues, but it's not hard to see how nerves could get compressed.
Old 27-Sep-17, 14:26
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have spoken with someone who said they had some numbness in their hand the day after some brutal headscissors. It may depend on whether the person has related health/medical issues, but it's not hard to see how nerves could get compressed.
That's a solid argument. Numbness in hands may well be related to nerves and compression can cause nerve damage (per the mayoclinic).

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I still think the spinal cord is pretty safe from a neck scissor, unless it has an unfortunate twist in combination with the scissor - but session wrestlers should know to scissor when the neck is straight. But, credit where credit is due, numb hands an hour or more after a session is a solid argument for some never damage. Presumably temporary . . . I would think, but a solid point.
Old 27-Sep-17, 16:59
Producer
Points: 6,508, Level: 34 Points: 6,508, Level: 34 Points: 6,508, Level: 34
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Brain hypoxia is the main thing I notice in guys who job a lot and get KOed in scissor videos. Especially memory loss. I'm good friends with a few and their ability to forget very basic things and memories is quite concerning. Of course they play it off like its not a big deal, but it only seems to get worse and worse.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brattybeatdowns For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Sep-17, 10:20
Points: 2,589, Level: 21 Points: 2,589, Level: 21 Points: 2,589, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Let me clarify what I wrote. The "headscissors" we're talking about are actually NECK scissors. The head itself can take a hard headscissor without much risk because we have a protective skull. The neck has NO such protection. When it gets compressed, especially enough for a ko, everything in the neck is forced inward toward the cervical spine. The spine is then ALSO feeling a portion of this compression, and compression is its worst enemy. So, you're not only affecting the many nerves running through and alongside the vertebrae, you're also putting sideways force on the vertebrae themselves which are only an inch or so inside the neck. After enough neckscissors over a period of time the fragile bones of the neck can easily become traumatized. The result can be an arthritic neck with damage to the discs between the vertebrae. These conditions constrict the nerves and often the spinal cord too. Symptoms include tingling in the fingers and numbness in the hands or feet. If after a neckscissor session you feel any of these things, it's a signal. The long term effect of neck compression is when you get the symptoms and they don't go away.
I should mention that I'm addicted to headscissors, especially semi-smothering face-scissors. Delicious. But neck-scissors? They scare me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krell For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Oct-17, 02:59
Points: 643, Level: 9 Points: 643, Level: 9 Points: 643, Level: 9

i've had numbness in my hands, but only when the girl held it for too long after I was already asleep. biting of the tongue is also another thing noticed when the blood choke was held longer than it should have. that along with twisting of the arms can be scary to look at.

Last edited by DominatorVIN; 01-Oct-17 at 03:07.
The Following User Says Thank You to DominatorVIN For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Oct-17, 08:29
Last Achievements

Getting your neck squeezed until your face turns purple means you're pumping up the blood pressure inside your head. That's cerebral hemorrhage country. Getting squeezed unconscious and going into convulsive contortions is a form of transient brain seizure. It's playing with fire.
There's a guy I've seen in lots of headscissor ko videos online who looks and sounds like he's always half drunk. His eyes are somewhat shadowy and he appears giddy even before he gets scissored. I'm convinced his brain has been oxygen starved too many times.
The Following User Says Thank You to krell For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Oct-17, 23:30
Points: 643, Level: 9 Points: 643, Level: 9 Points: 643, Level: 9

a year ago, i sessioned with a woman who got carried away too much when it came to knockouts. she did the thing you said you hate, neck scissors, along with various other choke holds like sleepers, reverse, etc. In the span of say, 8-10 minutes, she kept continuing to knock me out. when i woke up, she was still attacking me, and ko'd me shortly after. it's one thing if they do it once and then call it a day/night, but she kept doing it on and on and i didn't feel good. almost threw up, too.

at one point however, as she went for the final ko of the session. as my lights started to go away, i started feeling a tightness on my chest. as if i were gonna have a heart attack. immediately i had reached my limit , and after she did that ko on me, i woke up and used my safeword and took a big brake from holds. it was one of the few times where i felt like if this didn't stop, then my life would be in immediate danger. the tightness lasted for 3 days and went away , but it was still scary.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DominatorVIN For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Oct-17, 04:13
Last Achievements

If you look into it you'll find that a good number of neck scissor knockouts have had some unwanted results. It can induce nerve damage, brain damage, a stroke, a seizure or a heart attack. You can get squeezed-out with no serious after-effects, then there's that one time when you least expect it and you're f--ked. There's also a cumulative effect from getting neck-scissored unconscious. Whenever you blood choke and starve the brain of oxygen you're invariably killing some brain cells, whether you know it or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to krell For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Oct-17, 15:48
Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorVIN [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
i've had numbness in my hands, but only when the girl held it for too long after I was already asleep. biting of the tongue is also another thing noticed when the blood choke was held longer than it should have. that along with twisting of the arms can be scary to look at.
It's not safe to continue the hold after causing your opponent to lose consciousness. This is the most important thing to remember. Anyone who has been properly trained has been trained to release the choke immediately after the opponent is unconscious. This is basic safety.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazycrazy For This Useful Post: