Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 04-Oct-20, 10:53
Banned
Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockernz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Indeed, it would have been back around 2016-2017 for those one off promotional offers and it did involve booking a block of sessions.
Prefer not to name names on any of the pricing points i refer to..
But as you know Pippa Livinn event weekend 1 hour session pricing is £140...(£150 hr at other times)
You would also recognise £150-180 as the most regular London rates.
You are right, I was just asking about the £100-rates. So, when that was in 2017 or earlier, it makes no sense to meantion it in a discussion about rates in 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What kind of respect you want that you don´t get ?
What exactly do you expect for the 1.000 Euro you paid ? You paid for sessions and you got them.

Some of the session-ladies demand extra-presents in addition to the already high session-fees and the quality of the session depends on the quality of that present (or get even worse without the prsent). But when somebody like me does not give an extra-present, he gets called a cheepskate and the session is under-average. Thats what I call disrespectful from the session-ladies.
Old 04-Oct-20, 12:36
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Just to put one thing out there that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet

Going back to nearer the start of this century, a rate of $350 would be equivalent to perhaps close to as little as £175 in UK money if I'm remembering vaguely accurately. And that £175 would also buy more than 250 Euros perhaps.

Now a 250 Euros session would cost much closer to £250, and $350 is closer to £275 than to £175.

So because of the exchange rates, American session girls seem more expensive (because obviously they care how many dollars they get, not how many pounds) than they did to UK customers, and UK session girls seem cheaper to American guys than they used to. There is probably a similar effect for European girls too, although often they aren't that expensive, and I guess in some countries like Hungary and the Czech Republic (Hungary doesn't use Euros anyway as the main currency, and I forget if Czechia does now but it didn't earlier in the century anyway) a regular session rate for UK girls is still quite good in terms of spending power/value.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-20, 12:41
Banned
Last Achievements

yes, Hungary and czech republic have their own currency, but the ladies there happily accept to get paid in EURO.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-20, 13:07
Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockernz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Interesting range on your UK prices
You're right. For clarity I said most charge 250 but that's true only for travelling wrestlers. Not locals. Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Johnhwasser; 04-Oct-20 at 13:10. Reason: Clarification
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnhwasser For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-20, 18:19
Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

[QUOTE=Armwrestlefan99;445847]Just to put one thing out there that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet

Going back to nearer the start of this century, a rate of $350 would be equivalent to perhaps close to as little as £175 in UK money if I'm remembering vaguely accurately. And that £175 would also buy more than 250 Euros perhaps.

Now a 250 Euros session would cost much closer to £250, and $350 is closer to £275 than to £175.

So because of the exchange rates, American session girls seem more expensive (because obviously they care how many dollars they get, not how many pounds) than they did to UK customers, and UK session girls seem cheaper to American guys than they used to. QUOTE]

Yes, you are completely right here..
I well remembered the heady days of 2006/3007 when the mighty GBP could buy 2 USD...
My international session purchasing firepowet has gone backwards since
And indeed the USA touring girl rates go up to maintsin equivalence.
Probably why i tend to stick to the UK and European sessioners.
I miss the mighty GBP...
The Following User Says Thank You to blockernz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-20, 21:46
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You are right, I was just asking about the £100-rates. So, when that was in 2017 or earlier, it makes no sense to meantion it in a discussion about rates in 2020

Some of the session-ladies demand extra-presents in addition to the already high session-fees and the quality of the session depends on the quality of that present (or get even worse without the prsent). But when somebody like me does not give an extra-present, he gets called a cheepskate and the session is under-average. Thats what I call disrespectful from the session-ladies.
Oh shut up moaning.

That's literally all you do is moan about how you're 'treated' by the ladies on this scene.

And you wonder why everyone hates you. Delete your account and remove yourself from this scene. You're boring.

Your constant slagging off of the session wrestlers is out of order and disrespectful.

Get this through your head...nobody likes you.

Now go away
Old 04-Oct-20, 21:55
Banned
Last Achievements

Haha, somebody who calls himself "subboy" thinks he can tell me to go away

But when I see all of subboy´s comments here, its obviously his only hobby to tell other people what they have to do. What a boring lives he must have.

See it by yourself: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 04-Oct-20, 22:46
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Haha, somebody who calls himself "subboy" thinks he can tell me to go away

But when I see all of subboy´s comments here, its obviously his only hobby to tell other people what they have to do. What a boring lives he must have.

See it by yourself: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My hobby is sessioning

I just don't make a point out of pissing off all the girls in the industry.

Time you retired.
Old 04-Oct-20, 23:00
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

I'm a little hesitant to continue posting here because for whatever reason this seems to be a rather hot button issue. For the record, my position here is not antithetical towards either the session wrestlers, or us, the customers. I'm more just interested in analyzing this from a business/financial standpoint. So I hope this post doesn't upset anyone...as I'm just speculating, not taking sides.

I'm curious about two things:

1. Why do session rates (at least in the US) stay virtually the same over time?
2. Why don't more session wrestlers advertise their prices, especially when their prices are cheaper than their competition?

I can't really see a scenario where those two things make sense. If the more-established girls can fill their entire calendar with $400 sessions, I would expect to see the less-established girls publicly advertise their comparatively cheaper rates. If both the more-established, and the less-established girls can fill their calendars with $400 sessions, then I'd expect to see to see the more-established girls raise their rates.

Instead, the prices seem relatively flat with little evidence of competition (that I can see, correct me if I'm wrong). It's as if the typical process is for a girl to hear from a friend that sessions exist and that men pay $300-$400. After that, she joins sessiongirls.com, add her pics, and takes whatever she can get (obviously I'm generalizing there, I'm sure there are exceptions).

This is pure speculation on my part and I have no direct evidence that this is true, but it's almost as if there's a "union" or some kind of internal pressure amongst session girls that discourages them from lowering prices or trying to undercut one another. You could maybe argue that the girls simply aren't willing to do sessions for less than $400, and that may be true, but I find it a little hard to believe that there aren't plenty of women who would take less than that. That is, after all, quite a bit of money. There might be a case to be made that offering cheap sessions would attract undesirable clients. But it seems doubtful that there's a significant population of scumbags who are still willing to pay $150-$200 to wrestle for a hour. That still seems like a very specialized interest that would more or less attract the same kind of people.

The only reason I'm attracted to this thread is because I know for myself at least, if sessions were like $150, I'd do like ten a year, thus putting over $1000 into the industry. But at $400, I'll be lucky to do one (doesn't make sense, but that's how it is ). Wouldn't we all love it if there was a day when getting a session was roughly the same level of investment as getting an expensive massage?!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InTheFlesh86 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Oct-20, 00:08
Points: 2,044, Level: 18 Points: 2,044, Level: 18 Points: 2,044, Level: 18
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Well, regarding 2):
- if you publicly advertise your rates, it's harder to raise them. Imagine having your rates all over you old tweets, pictures, whatever.
Recently the price of one of the submission room wrestlers switched from 175£ to 250£ and I just randomly noticed, because I wanted to book her.
- if you don't make your price public, you can charge different people different prices. Not ethic, but I'm pretty sure it happens.

I'm also pretty sure the industry in general profits of not making prices public (the girls profit, I mean):
- You probably don't mail 20 girls asking for their prices, so you won't just pick the cheapest one, which would drive prices down (if enough do it)
- If prices of 400$+/hour are all over the interent, I suspect lots of other girls would get interested in this. It's a niche now, I'm pretty sure most people outside have no clue how much money goes over the table.
If a woman is a sex worker, for example, charging 1000$ or 200$, why wouldn't she accommodate wrestling, where she doesn't need to get as intimate as with other customers? There are probably also enough woman in BDSM, who charge less.
And the more of those enter the wrestling world, the more competition..

There is a internal form of communication between the wrestlers at sessiongirls.com for example (mainly for exchanging information about dangerous customers, as I understand it) but I could also imagine that they communicate more.. Who knows 🤷*♂️

That's btw. also the only two ways how session rates could be reduced:
- Make them public (more people pick the cheapest girls & harder to increase rates)
- Get more woman into the industry (advertising with high rates is surely one way to do it)

Last edited by Chris097; 05-Oct-20 at 00:21.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris097 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread