Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 10-Jan-23, 15:59
Points: 1,154, Level: 13 Points: 1,154, Level: 13 Points: 1,154, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Interesting stories from classes/competition

Interested to know what stories out there you've witnessed or been a part of during any martial arts class or competition between a male and female that blew you away.

I haven't seen too many intergender matches but one that stood out was a new blue belt guy got subbed by a more senior blue belt by leg lock, and another guy to the same lady by a kimura and then he complained of a sore shoulder.

Have you seen anything interesting or something that blew you away. Have you seen a female beat a higher male belt perhaps consistently.

I recently saw on video a blue belt female from closed guard submit a younger blue belt male 3 times in a row in 5-6 minutes. On one occasion he escaped her closed guard and went straight back in 3 times.

I've been watching a two blue belt females and a purple-brown consistently hammer a 12 month white belt in open mat.

Ever known a guy to quit because he lost?
cried
sore loser
Beaten in MMA, kickboxing, boxing.
Have you ever seen someone, or yourself walk into class only with the intention of being submitted by a lady, was it obvious? Like when that massive roided guy got tapped by the female blackbelt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wyoming For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jan-23, 20:02
Points: 3,896, Level: 26 Points: 3,896, Level: 26 Points: 3,896, Level: 26
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Default Re: Interesting stories from classes/competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I recently saw on video a blue belt female from closed guard submit a younger blue belt male 3 times in a row in 5-6 minutes. On one occasion he escaped her closed guard and went straight back in 3 times.
Do you have a link or remember where from this was?
Old 11-Jan-23, 18:48
Points: 12,984, Level: 49 Points: 12,984, Level: 49 Points: 12,984, Level: 49
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,703 Times in 116 Posts

My experience is from Judo and BJJ. Same belt doesn't mean equal athletic capability. This applies to judo black belts and to all belts of bjj. There are people who train twice per week just to exercise and there are people who compete in tournaments every other month. And often thoe two categories train together (albeit not the entire time).

In BJJ I've tapped to women of the same belt but I never went "100%" (you never go real 100% in practice anyway). There was a particular girl of the same belt who would tap me 2-3 times during a 6-minute roll while I never managed to tap her. But she was 20 kg lighter and I would go 50% or less on her. Sure I gave everything I had on a technical level and I'd fight very hard within that 50% limit I put my self into (or else it would be a waste of time for both of us). She was far more skilled and talented than me. But had I ever used my 20 kg advantage, I would have squashed her. So, she used to dominate me for real, but under very specific circumstances. Is this an intriguing and interesting story ? I don't know, perhaps it is to some.

In judo black belts the differences can be more extreme because there you have 30 years old people who went to black belt after 6 years of training and people who have been training almost non stop since they were 5. I used to go to a competition class and there was a guy in the smaller men division who went to BB after something like 4 or 5 years, being very dedicated and all, while attending tournaments all the time. And there was a young woman who had been training there since she was a baby and had actually stopped after she finished school and would only come to train with us for two weeks per year, just before the national championship. Anyway, those 2 were of the same weight and they did randori and the girl would throw him around like a rag doll. I don't even remember how many times she scored, she must had been throwing him for ippon every 30 seconds, which is ridiculous. I repeat, she had stopped training almost completely and she would only carry her 15 years of experience whereas he used to train 4-5 times per week. I think that's a more interesting story. He really wasn't supposed to "lose" that bad.

Generally losing to a woman doesn't mean anything to us. It only looks special to people who are clueless about combat sports. Especially in open mats I've seen many women dominating men (I'm not always sure how hard the man tries though) and trust me, nobody gives a damn.

As for me, I haven't walked into a class with the intention to get submitted by a woman, but there have been women I was very happy to lose to for real, despite giving my best to win.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Njordin For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jan-23, 11:50
Points: 1,154, Level: 13 Points: 1,154, Level: 13 Points: 1,154, Level: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njordin [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My experience is from Judo and BJJ. Same belt doesn't mean equal athletic capability. This applies to judo black belts and to all belts of bjj. There are people who train twice per week just to exercise and there are people who compete in tournaments every other month. And often thoe two categories train together (albeit not the entire time).

In BJJ I've tapped to women of the same belt but I never went "100%" (you never go real 100% in practice anyway). There was a particular girl of the same belt who would tap me 2-3 times during a 6-minute roll while I never managed to tap her. But she was 20 kg lighter and I would go 50% or less on her. Sure I gave everything I had on a technical level and I'd fight very hard within that 50% limit I put my self into (or else it would be a waste of time for both of us). She was far more skilled and talented than me. But had I ever used my 20 kg advantage, I would have squashed her. So, she used to dominate me for real, but under very specific circumstances. Is this an intriguing and interesting story ? I don't know, perhaps it is to some.

In judo black belts the differences can be more extreme because there you have 30 years old people who went to black belt after 6 years of training and people who have been training almost non stop since they were 5. I used to go to a competition class and there was a guy in the smaller men division who went to BB after something like 4 or 5 years, being very dedicated and all, while attending tournaments all the time. And there was a young woman who had been training there since she was a baby and had actually stopped after she finished school and would only come to train with us for two weeks per year, just before the national championship. Anyway, those 2 were of the same weight and they did randori and the girl would throw him around like a rag doll. I don't even remember how many times she scored, she must had been throwing him for ippon every 30 seconds, which is ridiculous. I repeat, she had stopped training almost completely and she would only carry her 15 years of experience whereas he used to train 4-5 times per week. I think that's a more interesting story. He really wasn't supposed to "lose" that bad.

Generally losing to a woman doesn't mean anything to us. It only looks special to people who are clueless about combat sports. Especially in open mats I've seen many women dominating men (I'm not always sure how hard the man tries though) and trust me, nobody gives a damn.

As for me, I haven't walked into a class with the intention to get submitted by a woman, but there have been women I was very happy to lose to for real, despite giving my best to win.

I agree with this attitude. It's only when you get in there and learn the techniques and take it seriously that you understand how much work goes into it. Most people treat this as a fantasy which is evident by the top selling clips on C4S. I still like that stuff but for me there's a time for it. I've been watching more videos of live rolling and the subtle techniques can destroy an opponent.

I'm not sharing the videos sorry. I've seen people get harassed by people here on this forum.

Today I rewatched a rolling session and saw some interesting techniques that led to a submission

Brown belt, reasonably thick bodied 5'5, strong against white belt 5'9 guy with modest strength. He keeps doing dumb shit despite the fact I've seen him rock up to every weekend class for 12 months.

He has her in closed guard, she's posturing up not really doing anything. I suspect she's waiting for him to make the move as usually he's quite attacking and aggressive. He's very aggressive against other males. He tries to go for an armbar with her postured up. Once his leg goes past her head, she smash passes it straight into side control, then straight into mount. She then performed a technique I've never seen before, at least from the beauty of it, and the technical aspect. IT was so smooth and controlled.

Her right palm slowly positions on the base of his outer forearm, she then grabs his wrist with her left hand, and countering the forces aggressively pushes his arm back. She then slowly moves her palm while remaining connected to his forearm, behind his arm, and connecting for the Kimura. She gets the tap easily. I'm loving this technique and I'm going to use it. I also saw Severa do something similar in one of her sessions.
He clearly fucked up by being too impatient in closed guard. I've also done this when in someones guard to initiate a reaction. His reaction to the Kimura should have been to connect with his other hand, or to bridge and roll. Having said that, I've been in this situation with a brown belt before, and it's one hold to the next, to the next. Eventually you get done.

The second one was back take drilling for 20 minutes. Blue belt female bigger and stronger, taller than younger blue belt guy. She took his back to submission every time, about 6 times except one where I feel she deliberately lost to have a break. The other lady (A white belt) was pretty unskilled against the two. One of the most beautiful moves, she did something I've never seen. I've seen it where they wrap up an arm with their leg when the arm is down, but she did it with his arm up high. She basically slotted her foot inbetween his elbow and pinned it. She then switched choking arms and using her arm and head, choked him out. This female is incredibly skilled.