Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Stories

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 01-Dec-18, 22:31
Points: 5,108, Level: 30 Points: 5,108, Level: 30 Points: 5,108, Level: 30
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Ninja: Danger in the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeryx [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You should just save the stories to a file on your computer.

Stealing people's stories and posting them as your own, or even posting it crediting to the actual author without their permission is scummy and technically illegal.

If the original authors wanted to post them in other places they would do so. That really isn't your right.
I also did not took any of your stories.
Illegal? What are you talking about.
I did not publish a book about it.
These are stories on the internet that can be freely read, copied etc. Also it seems people like these kind of stories here and taking ideas from each other, picking elements out of each other's stories seems like a productive way to get more creative and create new stuff.
Old 01-Dec-18, 23:00
Points: 4,225, Level: 27 Points: 4,225, Level: 27 Points: 4,225, Level: 27
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Posting someone else's stories as your own without permission probably isn't illegal if you aren't making money. But it's morally wrong.

Especially since everyone on this board can be messaged and asked whether they're ok with there work being used elsewhere.
Old 01-Dec-18, 23:35
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Posting someone else's stories as your own without permission probably isn't illegal if you aren't making money. But it's morally wrong.

Especially since everyone on this board can be messaged and asked whether they're ok with there work being used elsewhere.
Not if you put a link in it while posting it.
You know, giving credit to the author.

If I post a story (intended for entertainment) online I am not going to blame other people if they post it somewhere else or take pieces to use for their own stories.

With what intention are you making stories on this site?
Old 02-Dec-18, 03:06
Last Achievements

I'm sorry but you're making excuses for behavior that would get you blacklisted in the real world. Having a link is not the same as having your name as author beside the story title.

And it's great that you don't mind having people use your work but that doesn't mean others feel the same. In the real world, I've had articles published where there's no money involved but everyone is very careful to give proper credit.

My intentions for writing aren't really relevant to any of that but I'll answer anyway. I write mostly for fun but I definitely want people to credit me (my handle anyway) if they like the story. And who knows, if a lot of people like my work and I become popular, maybe I'll get offered commissions.
Old 02-Dec-18, 13:38
Points: 14,307, Level: 51 Points: 14,307, Level: 51 Points: 14,307, Level: 51
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,352 Times in 147 Posts

What's going on here? I'm late to this thread, can someone explain what's getting posted where by who?
Old 02-Dec-18, 21:57
Points: 2,903, Level: 22 Points: 2,903, Level: 22 Points: 2,903, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDeadlyHamAttack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What's going on here? I'm late to this thread, can someone explain what's getting posted where by who?
DarkMagician has been taking stories from this board and copy/posting them on thevalkyrie.com under his name. Mildly scummy move in the opinion of most here.
Old 02-Dec-18, 23:12
Points: 14,307, Level: 51 Points: 14,307, Level: 51 Points: 14,307, Level: 51
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,352 Times in 147 Posts

Whoa, hey now, wait a minute. One of mine is on there [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. Doesn't have my name or any attribution to the author. Not cool.

Edit: I emailed Diana directly to get my name added back in, which I'd recommend for any other authors whose work made it there without their names attached.

Last edited by SuperDeadlyHamAttack; 03-Dec-18 at 01:38.
Old 04-Dec-18, 15:14
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm sorry but you're making excuses for behavior that would get you blacklisted in the real world. Having a link is not the same as having your name as author beside the story title.

And it's great that you don't mind having people use your work but that doesn't mean others feel the same. In the real world, I've had articles published where there's no money involved but everyone is very careful to give proper credit.

My intentions for writing aren't really relevant to any of that but I'll answer anyway. I write mostly for fun but I definitely want people to credit me (my handle anyway) if they like the story. And who knows, if a lot of people like my work and I become popular, maybe I'll get offered commissions.

The real world?
I am not writing scientific journals here or journalistic pieces.
These stories are meant for entertainment.
The more people read it and take inspiration from it the more similar stories you get.
In other words it aids the creative process of topics people here seem to enjoy.

If taking inspiration from other people's work or reposting it is considered scummy here I can't understand that.

Either way I am kinda suprised to such a hostile reaction because I reposted some stories on another site.
If you want to keep a story for yourself or want to publish it commercially than do not put it online.

Added after 36 minutes:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Just found out that there is an entire page devoted to sharing scenes from commercial works on this site. Yes, you credit the authors, however you share their work without their permission on a public place.
Normally you would have to buy their book in order to read these scenes....

If me sharing public stories is scummy I am not sure what this is?

Last edited by Darkmagician; 04-Dec-18 at 15:14.
Old 06-Dec-18, 01:20
Last Achievements

Sorry, small excerpts with attribution is hardly the same as a full copy while putting your name on it in place of the original author.

Again, your justifying plagiarism by trying to compare it to "taking inspiration." You can take inspiration without taking credit.

And saying stuff like, "If you want to keep a story for yourself or want to publish it commercially than do not put it online." is just proving everyone else's point - you're not doing it because it's ok, you're doing it because you can get away with it.
Old 06-Dec-18, 13:56
Last Achievements

Quote:
Sorry, small excerpts with attribution is hardly the same as a full copy while putting your name on it in place of the original author.

Again, your justifying plagiarism by trying to compare it to "taking inspiration." You can take inspiration without taking credit.

And saying stuff like, "If you want to keep a story for yourself or want to publish it commercially than do not put it online." is just proving everyone else's point - you're not doing it because it's ok, you're doing it because you can get away with it.
First off I just send the stories to Diana the Valkyrie.
They put it in a folder with my name on it.
First each story I send, including original ones just got put on anonymous files.
When I saw they put it in a file with my name on it I added the links where I got it.

You keep on rambling about plagiatarism. Like I stole from people's research or from their book.
The stories I posted are on public spaces, made for entertainment.
So yes I can get away with it.

You also do not seem to consider that by sharing stories people might take inspiration and write more about topics that the people on this site seemingly like.

You consider sharing small excerpts of commercial works not a problem.
However a writer can take more than a year in writing a book. That scene that just gets shared on a place for everyone to read might be the product of months or even years of contemplating on that particular story or scene.
And since the writer did not share it on a public space (like this site) it was meant to be read only after buying and reading their book.