Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 02-May-18, 20:11
Points: 3,748, Level: 25 Points: 3,748, Level: 25 Points: 3,748, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Competing at the Gym

If you can do 1000#, and maybe you can, that’s great! But if we’re talking about good deep reps, I don’t think it’s fair to call that “average”. Admittedly, I’m probably on the lower end of average in leg strength, or the higher end of below average, but I think both of those would qualify as “decent”. Ie, satisfactory, not a complete embarrassment, etc. Could have something to do with the physics of my height and having longer legs… And I’m sure I’ll be able to get it higher with some work, but I think my girlfriend probably will too! I shot a little video, but I’ll see if I can get something better next time and figure out how to post it!

“Andy Zucker, a strength-training coach at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, said leg presses of more than 1,000 pounds represent "a Herculean effort, and 2,000 pounds is a whole other story."”

“Clay Travis of CBS SportsLine.com called the 2,000-pound assertion impossible in a column this week, writing that the leg-press record for football players at Florida State University is 665 pounds less.”

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Added after 9 minutes:

Or upon re-reading my post, maybe my use of the word “decent” was interpreted as “actually pretty good” which wasn’t my meaning. I just meant about average. Not bad, not good. But now I’m getting very self-conscious, so thanks everybody. :|

Last edited by Suede_shoes; 02-May-18 at 20:11.
Old 02-May-18, 20:31
Points: 3,628, Level: 25 Points: 3,628, Level: 25 Points: 3,628, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Pic please?
Old 02-May-18, 20:51
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suede_shoes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you can do 1000#, and maybe you can, that’s great! But if we’re talking about good deep reps, I don’t think it’s fair to call that “average”. Admittedly, I’m probably on the lower end of average in leg strength, or the higher end of below average, but I think both of those would qualify as “decent”. Ie, satisfactory, not a complete embarrassment, etc. Could have something to do with the physics of my height and having longer legs… And I’m sure I’ll be able to get it higher with some work, but I think my girlfriend probably will too! I shot a little video, but I’ll see if I can get something better next time and figure out how to post it!

“Andy Zucker, a strength-training coach at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, said leg presses of more than 1,000 pounds represent "a Herculean effort, and 2,000 pounds is a whole other story."”

“Clay Travis of CBS SportsLine.com called the 2,000-pound assertion impossible in a column this week, writing that the leg-press record for football players at Florida State University is 665 pounds less.”

Added after 9 minutes:

Or upon re-reading my post, maybe my use of the word “decent” was interpreted as “actually pretty good” which wasn’t my meaning. I just meant about average. Not bad, not good. But now I’m getting very self-conscious, so thanks everybody. :|

Anyone who says they can leg-press 600-plus pounds should be happy to provide video proving it.

When Pat Robertson shares video of his 2,000-pound "lift," then we'll know it's real.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 02-May-18, 20:56
Suede_shoes
This message has been deleted by Suede_shoes.
Old 02-May-18, 21:43
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suede_shoes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ok, I uploaded a couple from my phone. Couldn’t figure out how to do video. I’ll try and get some nicer ones, but I don’t want to pull something from Facebook or Instagram because obviously I don’t want to post anything that could be reverse-image searched to a personal page..

Suede_shoes, if you are the young lady in those photos, I'd take those down pronto.

It's way too easy for people to use them to possibly discover your identity.
Old 02-May-18, 21:50
Suede_shoes
This message has been deleted by Suede_shoes.
Old 03-May-18, 14:25
Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,878 Times in 404 Posts

Quote:
Anybody ever go to the gym or work out with a woman that can totally smoke you? ...

Almost never and the ones that could are pretty much guaranteed to be on something.

I'm 5' 11" @ 212 lbs and Bench 320 and have deadlifted 440 so it just doesn't happen much.

However, I compare my women to my numbers by % of body weight.
There are usually a few hard core gals who can come close based on body weight. Even then, it is pretty rare. So a gal of about 140lbs would have to lift about 210-220 based on body weight to be "in my class". Still, w/o steroids it almost never happens.

I do confess that when a gal like that does show up, I always try to get to know her. (believe me, purely platonic) Mostly to see if I can learn anything.
Old 05-May-18, 23:31
Points: 1,101, Level: 13 Points: 1,101, Level: 13 Points: 1,101, Level: 13

Glut bridges and single legged exercises my female friend total out did me. Adductor and Abductor exercises too. I could double her or more in upper upper body exercises though
Old 05-Feb-19, 07:02
Points: 1,101, Level: 13 Points: 1,101, Level: 13 Points: 1,101, Level: 13

In the gym until recently bench press over 300 pounds (now maybe 285) and heavy in many other upper body exercises. I never did a lot of heavy legs training and after a busy section in life really no lower body work unles running or hiking. On the other hand my GF was the opposite. She for years did tons of lower body exercises and very little upper body work. She has naturally nice arms with little fat so not required. She got good at the hip trust, abductor and leg kicks exercises mostly. Some leg press but she was not into heavy squats due to fear of a old back injury. She can't do a single proper push up. I can do 60 plus but in the gym she can out leg press me by a couple plates (30 to 40 pounds) and do more reps too. Where she is really much better is at hip trusts and abductor type exercises. She can out lift me on those by 30%. She can totally control me in a gravevine type battle or any scissor type leg wrestle.
Old 10-Feb-19, 23:00
Points: 1,884, Level: 17 Points: 1,884, Level: 17 Points: 1,884, Level: 17
Last Achievements

If your GF is 6' and 180# and exercises regularly IE that 180 isn't soft, she's probably stronger than a lot of guys.

My first wife was the captain of the track team in college. D3 school.no big deal but it still meant she hit the gym like crazy. She was 5'2" and 115#, and had no trouble power cleaning her bodyweight, and squatting a plate for multiple sets. If she'd been even 5'7" she'd have thrown me around like a toy.

Bottom line, keep living the dream ;-)
Old 11-Feb-19, 03:18
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:

Added after 9 minutes:

Michelle Jenneke's 1100 lb leg presses were written up in a few articles, but I have no idea how many reps she does.

And, I just want to add, Michelle is a hottie. Huge crush on her. 5'8 147 lbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 339115B500000578-3560582-image-m-5_1461716607725.jpg (82.5 KB, 79 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-19, 11:32
Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

If you go to the gym to compete you are going for the wrong reasons