Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 30-Aug-19, 18:48
philla76

Default Not trying or doesn't know what hes's doing?

Just watched several Sheena videos online and I get that she's skilled and strong but how is it that these guys constantly end up in the same holds. I saw another one where the guy basically dives into a headscissor.

Watching this particular video, the guy does NOTHING to avoid her holds and does nothing to protect himself from an obvious rear naked choke. He has so many chances to avoid getting put in a hold and does nothing.

I saw a few really cool moves that would catch a lot of guys off guard, but overall I'm finding myself shaking my head.

IS he just wrestling dumb, or not trying?

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 30-Aug-19, 20:05
Points: 3,848, Level: 26 Points: 3,848, Level: 26 Points: 3,848, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Not trying or doesn't know what hes's doing?

hate to break the news to you , but most mixed wrestling matches are not real.
the guy wants to lose or is paid to lose .i think they are referred to as jobbers.
it's always surprising to me when some of you here want to session with women with the mission to beat them.Most guys that are buying the videos are into
female domination . lawyers ,doctors ,etc pay their $300 to be dominated in a session .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Aug-19, 20:27
Points: 4,522, Level: 28 Points: 4,522, Level: 28 Points: 4,522, Level: 28
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

One of a very few that are real
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danny1717 For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Aug-19, 04:01
Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,877 Times in 368 Posts

It will look the same either way.
The Following User Says Thank You to georgejohnson For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Aug-19, 04:10
Banned
Points: 585, Level: 8 Points: 585, Level: 8 Points: 585, Level: 8
Activity: 25.5% Activity: 25.5% Activity: 25.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny1717 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

One of a very few that are real
Still not 100% real. He could've submitted her if he really tried. But it's better than a lot of other matches.
Old 31-Aug-19, 05:53
Johnny Nobody
This message has been deleted by Johnny Nobody.
Old 31-Aug-19, 09:31
Points: 12,984, Level: 49 Points: 12,984, Level: 49 Points: 12,984, Level: 49
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,703 Times in 116 Posts

I'll give my perspective as a long time mixed wrestling fan and a bjj and judo practicioner myself: there are many factors to determin whether a jobber is actually trying to defend (or fight back) and a lot of them are very subtle.

Focusing on the specific video: it's 100% real. Sheena is much stronger and has a good technical knowledge, whereas the guy knows nothing. Granted, he was very reserved and could have put a better fight, but the result would be the same. The reason why he looks so passive is because he had already surrendered psychologically and this is something people who have never done a combat sport cannot understand: if your mind has given up, your body will as well. Just because you can find back doesn't mean you will. I have chocked a lot of newcomers who were just sitting there, waiting for the inevitable to happen becaue their mind was blocked and couldn't think of any way to react. I can't tell you how many newcomers have dived into my guard....

Again, the guy could have fought better, but understanding how much stronger and more skilled Sheena is, he just focused on surviving.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Njordin For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Aug-19, 10:17
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njordin [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Again, the guy could have fought better, but understanding how much stronger and more skilled Sheena is, he just focused on surviving.
Yeah, he's too much a "deer in the headlights" type of opponent. MY preference with those types of matchups where it's so one-sided, would be to mix things up, like have some falls start with the guy in a dominant position, like him being over her in pin position or with him having her in a scissors/nelson/headlock already. Just having the action ALWAY being her steamrolling him to submission after submission continuously gets redundant after awhile. If she's so dominant, why not have more breaks after subs and show how she can power out of being in an inferior position? I like the serial submission action, but variety would be nice. All videos don't have to be monotonous, they could have several minutes each for the competitive and domination and scissor-centric or pins-only crowds, for example.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Aug-19, 11:37
Points: 292, Level: 5 Points: 292, Level: 5 Points: 292, Level: 5
Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0%

How might he best go about learning to avoid losing so badly? It seems that he has lack of knowledge as well as fitness/strength. Can one get a wrestling coach? Maybe that’s a type of session? (An ignoramus asks!)
Old 31-Aug-19, 12:36
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

On the first video, it's possible he's trying, he's just overmatched. I've seen that happen when a match is one sided, the weaker person can kind of give up. Works out the same for the viewer, but he might simply have been overmatched rather than not trying. That happened to me once against a lady who was much better than me, that whatever I did didn't seem to matter. (Mallory Sin).
Old 31-Aug-19, 13:45
Points: 5,706, Level: 32 Points: 5,706, Level: 32 Points: 5,706, Level: 32
Last Achievements

I also think it is ”real” if that means he’s trying.

And I have also experienced it, grappling with a bjj girl. I was physically a lot stronger but since I have NO experience of grappling I just did not have a clue what was going on. I made a lot of bad reactions just out of reflex, like turn around when she had me in a mount so she easily put me in a choke. We did playful wrestling for almost two hours and by then I managed to stop some of this ”instincts”.

For entertainment I think this gets a bit boring. After a while she could start to tease him a bit holding on longer and so on. Unfortunately for me these pro grapplers seldom do that
The Following User Says Thank You to LegMan For This Useful Post: