Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 04-Jul-20, 14:47
Banned
Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Scientific study finds average man punches 162% harder than woman (even athletes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by del [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I did read the study and it DID NOT measure anyone's punching power. What it DID measure was the strength of some of the muscles involved in punching. Punching power depends on technique as well as several muscles, so at best, the study measured theoretical punching power if we assume that everyone has equal technique. The study does not prove anything about any individual's actual punching power and it most certainly DID NOT prove that no woman can punch as hard as a man.

The key thing to observe is that Germaine de Randamie did KO that man. Of course she is an elite woman with gifted genetics plus hard training and experience, fighting an "average" man with little training, but this does suggest that she would have been able to KO many, perhaps most, men, despite the disadvantage of being a woman. She is an example of how the female bell curve overlaps with the male bell curve, even in areas where males have the greatest natural advantage, such as boxing.

If you know the Bell curve, you should know that they go very far on the high and low sides (actually infinitely in theory) but the weighting of these extremes are not meaningful.

Germaine Randamie is an exceptional female specimen with years of training dedication and discipline, and i find amazing that an average guy (or even on the weaker side), not even in his prime older than 40, almost without training (may be a few basics) can hold his own against one of the best female boxer of all time.
This means actually that the overlap is extremely small, for boxing at least. The two Bell curves are very far from each others. Only a few exceptions can go against pretty weak men without training.

This reveals how naturally gifted are men for fistfighting, the most natural way of fighting in comparison to women.
Old 21-Sep-20, 16:02
Points: 1,921, Level: 17 Points: 1,921, Level: 17 Points: 1,921, Level: 17
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Scientific study finds average man punches 162% harder than woman (even athletes)

That's why I am into female bodybuilders. Modern science flips the script there.
Old 24-Sep-20, 16:36
Points: 2,485, Level: 20 Points: 2,485, Level: 20 Points: 2,485, Level: 20
Last Achievements

The UFC just measured the punching Power of Danyelle Wolf (female Fetherweight) and she hit the same number as Dustin Portier (he was the male interim Lightweight Campion and just lost to Khabib a few months ago)
Old 24-Sep-20, 16:58
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxdown [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The UFC just measured the punching Power of Danyelle Wolf (female Fetherweight) and she hit the same number as Dustin Portier (he was the male interim Lightweight Campion and just lost to Khabib a few months ago)
source?

Last edited by garcon55; 24-Sep-20 at 17:20.
Old 24-Sep-20, 17:29
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
source?
He's probably referring to a Danyelle Wolf interview where she talks about the time she was hitting a bag with sensors that was set up at a UFC Fight Week event:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 24-Sep-20, 17:35
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He's probably referring to a Danyelle Wolf interview where she talks about the time she was hitting a bag with sensors that was set up at a UFC Fight Week event:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
ok it was not any scientific measurement, but still, looking at her shoulders,
she definitely takes Anavar or something like that. She pretty much looks like a crossfitter, so it could be she can hit like a man in her weight range.
Old 24-Sep-20, 19:12
Points: 2,485, Level: 20 Points: 2,485, Level: 20 Points: 2,485, Level: 20
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
source?
The commentators told this story during her fight on DWCS recently. I ve searched for an article, but it seems like the interview and the live broadcast of the fight is the only source I could give you.

Quote:
ok it was not any scientific measurement, but still, looking at her shoulders,
she definitely takes Anavar or something like that. She pretty much looks like a crossfitter, so it could be she can hit like a man in her weight range.
Don't know if she is taking anything, but she passed all USADA Tests so far...
Also Poirier should be a little bit heavier than her. Maybe like 10-15 lbs.
Old 24-Sep-20, 20:18
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxdown [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The commentators told this story during her fight on DWCS recently. I ve searched for an article, but it seems like the interview and the live broadcast of the fight is the only source I could give you.

Don't know if she is taking anything, but she passed all USADA Tests so far...
Also Poirier should be a little bit heavier than her. Maybe like 10-15 lbs.
ok i see.
Old 05-Sep-22, 23:04
Points: 1,676, Level: 16 Points: 1,676, Level: 16 Points: 1,676, Level: 16
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Ok, this is seriously crazy. OF COURSE men are stronger than women pound for pound, it’s not even up for debate. It’s not even close. What I love is when a folkstyle wrestler or BJJ girl can legit beat a guy who is stronger (which is going to be 99.999% of the guys in her weight class) by having better technique and using the advantages she does have (lower center of gravity would be one) DESPITE the differences in strength. Also, if she can outsmart him by being able to think a step or two ahead of him or just process faster, or get in his head and defeat him psychologically before the match even starts because he’s so terrified of losing to a girl he can’t focus winning.

I like to fantasize about it, but seriously the only time a girl could beat me post-puberty was when I was a teenager who had never wrestled competitively and had a GF who had been doing it since she was 6. My entire knowledge and experience with wrestling was me and my friends (and a few intrepid girls) doing shit we saw on AWA and later WWF to each other on the playground. We didn’t even have a wrestling program in our town (youth or HS), so none of us knew jack shit about any serious competitive wrestling. She was from another town that had serious youth and HS programs. One of my buddies’ GF’s set me up with her and half-jokingly warned me that she would be a handful because she wrestled on the boys team and won her fair share. We literally went at it on the first date. I wasn’t at all surprised that she beat me, but was astonished (and seriously turned on) by how easily she did it. She ragdolled me for 10 straight minutes (it felt like a lot longer than that), and three minutes in I was totally gassed and she was like the fucking energizer bunny, just relentlessly coming at me nonstop. Keep in mind, I was 3 inches taller and twenty or thirty pounds heavier, and I worked out and had a huge advantage in upper body strength (she had a lot stronger legs than I had, but the difference was a lot less than the difference I had in upper body strength). But eventually I got more used to it. I don’t think I could ever hope to match her technical skills, but if I could get in a position where it was a match of upper body strength, she had no chance. Eventually I learned enough from her that I could beat her more often than not, but she was so good technically and at managing her energy that she could still beat me a fair amount of the time. Keep in mind, we had no ref or timekeeper, so we kind of had to make up our own rules. Another thing I’ll add: if these were real matches, most would have been won on points. No matter how good she was, she really had trouble getting both my shoulders down. She was hard for me to pin, because despite my size strength advantage, she had this weird ability to wriggle around like a snake and avoid a pin. But If I could pin her arms against her side, and get my legs wrapped around hers, I could do it. I’ll also add that even when we were play-wrestling, she had some holds that I could simply never escape from, no matter how I exerted myself. I think she could have shown me some ways to escape or reverse them, but she wanted to maintain some advantage.

Just my two cents, YMMV.

Another observation: in the weight room in my high school, we had a 200-pound club for girls and a 300-pound club for boys for benchpress. There were plenty of girls who could get to 200, but there was still only one girl on the boys 300 lb. board. She was a monstrously big farm girl, at least 6’4” and I would guess 220 lbs, and very broad shoulders. Her brother told me she could throw haybales 1-handed. I had baled hay as a summer job before and it was seriously hard work throwing them with two hands. But this girl was like in the top 99.99999% of women. Most could never even come close.

Last edited by db413; 05-Sep-22 at 23:16.
The Following User Says Thank You to db413 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Sep-22, 22:08
sweeney83
This message has been deleted by sweeney83.
Old 13-Sep-22, 22:12
Points: 5,546, Level: 31 Points: 5,546, Level: 31 Points: 5,546, Level: 31
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlylegs [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
During my days of boxing training I sparred 3 girls. Of course one was way too small for me so I only threw a jab. I sparred one girl who probably had close to 15 lbs on me so I was a bit on edge and took her pretty seriously. The 3rd punch I threw was a body shot that put her down for a while. After that I felt kinda bad and layed off a bit. She complained to the trainer that I hit too hard. I think even Laila Ali said that she sparred with guys and they just hit too hard. That's probably why she didn't wanna fight Ann Wolf because she was one of the rare female boxers that actually hit like a male.

some untrained people do punch hard. I tried to tell my dad that just because a guy is big doesn't mean he hits that hard because they might throw with a pushy flailing technique and he tells me that it doesn't matter because if someone well over 200 lbs punches its gonna do damage regardless. I think it's somewhere in the middle. They might have some weight behind it but they aren't knocking anyone out with piss poor technique.
I had about 10 months of boxing training back in 2019.
I't s about weight, your dad is correct. A super-fatso with no technique punching a much lighter guy throwing an almost decent punch in the right spot would instant knock him out . That's because boxing has weight classes. At some point, you can't go too up. You would beat nobody.
Boxing has weight divisions because it's only about technique and weight.