Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Under Akela's Feet.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - NC-210.

Old 13-May-20, 09:23
Points: 2,569, Level: 21 Points: 2,569, Level: 21 Points: 2,569, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Sumo wrestling film

Hi there, I found a film recently that I knew had been made but could never find. There isn't a great deal of wrestling in it but if you like bbw then this is a great film. There is a little mixed wrestling towards the end.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I am also wondering if anyone could help me find two programmes? The first is Anna In Wonderland which was a BBC 3 show. The second was also a BBC programme but much older and featured Alex Kingston as a bit of a bully at her local judo club. It was made by The Hull Truck Theatre Company.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 13-May-20, 10:39
Points: 70,465, Level: 100 Points: 70,465, Level: 100 Points: 70,465, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 16,060 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default Re: Sumo wrestling film

Quote:
Originally Posted by grappler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The second was also a BBC programme but much older and featured Alex Kingston as a bit of a bully at her local judo club. It was made by The Hull Truck Theatre Company.
I can't point you to a video, but I can give you a head start by naming the real life judoka on which the programme was based. Like Trafford Tanzi, it was a stage production that became popular enough locally to earn a televised broadcast version - though on this occasion the source material wasn't fictional.

Note that Karen is a Kingston-Upon-Hull lass. (The 'Kingston' bit is pure coincidence; the fact that The Hull Truck Theatre Company wrote and produced the play about a local celebrity obviously isn't).

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register])
Old 13-May-20, 11:56
Points: 2,569, Level: 21 Points: 2,569, Level: 21 Points: 2,569, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanks for that Verscont, I wish I had taped it at the time. It had a great mixed judo sparring bit. Alex Kingston was looking great too in her judo outfit.
I did see the Trafford Tanzi play on tv with Neil Morrisey, Tim Healy and Sharon Deuce of the well known names.
Old 13-May-20, 13:26
Points: 2,547, Level: 20 Points: 2,547, Level: 20 Points: 2,547, Level: 20
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grappler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi there, I found a film recently that I knew had been made but could never find. There isn't a great deal of wrestling in it but if you like bbw then this is a great film. There is a little mixed wrestling towards the end.

I am also wondering if anyone could help me find two programmes? The first is Anna In Wonderland which was a BBC 3 show. The second was also a BBC programme but much older and featured Alex Kingston as a bit of a bully at her local judo club. It was made by The Hull Truck Theatre Company.
The Alex Kingston stuff:

That first episode is when a girl starts Judo, and Alex Kingston caracter starts billying her.

The second one a friend starts to help improving the girl skills in judo (That include a toss to the friend al 5:30) and finally solves her problems with the bully girl, arround 21:30, with two judo flips and one standing armlock.

Goodbye.
Old 13-May-20, 14:11
Points: 7,333, Level: 36 Points: 7,333, Level: 36 Points: 7,333, Level: 36
Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:

Awesome work, guy.

Blows me away that I never even heard of this one
Old 13-May-20, 15:50
Points: 5,983, Level: 32 Points: 5,983, Level: 32 Points: 5,983, Level: 32
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Last Achievements

...Awesome find!

Yep.. the Hull truck theatre one that I've been after is called
"Blood Sweat and Tears"

I watched it when it came on BBC1 1986..
I never recorded it. I was 14 at the time. I thought it would repeat but it never ever repeated.

I've been looking for that for years..
More info.

And Stage play in Hull:

I would give anything to watch that again
It was fantastic!

Last edited by gbs1; 13-May-20 at 16:10.