Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-Oct-16, 15:32
Producer
Points: 6,511, Level: 34 Points: 6,511, Level: 34 Points: 6,511, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Black Belt Women

It's really sad that female karate champion are not thinking about sessions
The Following User Says Thank You to dave72 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Oct-16, 18:46
Points: 9,584, Level: 42 Points: 9,584, Level: 42 Points: 9,584, Level: 42
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
"Black belt" has brand appeal, but any woman with multiple belts (say, 3rd level and above) in a given discipline will generally have no problem with a completely untrained guy who's about her size. A guy with no fight training going against a BJJ 3rd-degree blue belt may not immediately be able to tell the difference between her and a black belt. Over time, if he continues to test himself vs both, he may discover he's closing the gap on the blue belt, but not on the black belt.

Personally, I like any woman with better-than-beginner fight skills. My partner holds a green belt in judo, but has had it many years and has submitted male black belts before. She has not ever elected to test for a higher belt, but would easily qualify for blue, I am sure. I cannot beat her, but can sometimes resist tapping for a whole minute. lol
I personally like black belts the most, but I don't mind other ranks. Also, it doesn't even have to be the traditional gi for me either. I really like all martial arts uniforms especially the flowing kung fu type of uniform.
The Following User Says Thank You to swag For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Aug-20, 18:35
Points: 10,865, Level: 45 Points: 10,865, Level: 45 Points: 10,865, Level: 45
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,107 Times in 360 Posts

Yeah, blackbelt but then with exposed arms and legs!
Old 13-Aug-20, 03:32
tc1

I took karate while in high school in the 80s. There was a bitchy woman who was in her mid40s there who was a know-it-all. Once we were sparring and I punched her in the face, bloodying her nose. She ran out of the room and later said something about sinus trouble.

When we would spar after that, she'd really go after me but never beat me. One night when she was training for a tournament, I though about dropping my hands and letting her get some punches or kicks in and then dropping to the mat, but once we started I forgot all about that. I wanted her to win and look down at me with a triumphant look on her face.
Old 13-Aug-20, 15:02
G-Force

I agree with the OP. Love the world of grappling but my passion for this interest started in the realm of karate, TKD, Judo, etc. Skilled women, especially black belt and higher such as those already mentioned like Cynthia Rothrock will always be my original obsession. Luckily I have a multi-marathon runner TKD black belt of a wife who is progressing very nicely to her 2nd degree and so far showing no signs of slowing. She is already talking about what she is planning for her 3rd degree as well as weapons cross training. She did train bjj for awhile when we first met and was a natural, but the school ended up moving out of the area whereas the TKD academy is literally across the street and has become like a second family for her. Her triangle chokes and armbars are still vicious though and I think someday she will pick it back up. Either way I'm very lucky to be a spectator of her accomplishments. If I had my way of rule, ALL women would be mandatory black belts in something of their choosing..lol. The world needs more of them
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Aug-20, 15:10
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I agree with the OP. Love the world of grappling but my passion for this interest started in the realm of karate, TKD, Judo, etc. Skilled women, especially black belt and higher such as those already mentioned like Cynthia Rothrock will always be my original obsession. Luckily I have a multi-marathon runner TKD black belt of a wife who is progressing very nicely to her 2nd degree and so far showing no signs of slowing. She is already talking about what she is planning for her 3rd degree as well as weapons cross training. She did train bjj for awhile when we first met and was a natural, but the school ended up moving out of the area whereas the TKD academy is literally across the street and has become like a second family for her. Her triangle chokes and armbars are still vicious though and I think someday she will pick it back up. Either way I'm very lucky to be a spectator of her accomplishments. If I had my way of rule, ALL women would be mandatory black belts in something of their choosing..lol. The world needs more of them
Luckiest man alive.
The Following User Says Thank You to qwertyuio For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Aug-20, 17:08
Points: 4,270, Level: 27 Points: 4,270, Level: 27 Points: 4,270, Level: 27
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I only session with black belt or really good kickboxing/muay thai girls. But there are a lot more female bodybuilders than skilled martial artists in the business and I prefer natural weight personnally.
The Following User Says Thank You to sakujo13 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-20, 18:18
Points: 6,375, Level: 34 Points: 6,375, Level: 34 Points: 6,375, Level: 34
Activity: 31.0% Activity: 31.0% Activity: 31.0%
Last Achievements

I met sara from iowa an she is a blackbelt on Karate
I asked for a demonstration an she is about 6 feet. Couldn't believe how high she could kick an quick her quicks. Her punches were really fast an did them right in front of my face. Very intimidating women especially since she is tall an had huge shoulders
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4aces For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-20, 22:55
Points: 4,017, Level: 26 Points: 4,017, Level: 26 Points: 4,017, Level: 26
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

I have heard about this Sara from Iowa a few times now.
Has she been doing sessions for a long time?
Is she pretty?
Sometimes I hear she is very strong and might be one of the most dominating wrestlers. I wish there was more info about her.
Old 07-Sep-20, 23:02
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

I read that Kaysha Brazil has a black belt in BJJ. I'm curious to know how skilled she is, but there usually isn't much discussion of her on the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to InTheFlesh86 For This Useful Post:

Tags
black belt, karate