Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Old 30-Oct-20, 17:30
KO inquisitor
Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,235 Times in 499 Posts
Default Re: Lia Labowe reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapluc [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Another review that I should have written a long time ago... especially since @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] had correctly guessed the identity of the wrestler who got me in [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].

I don't think that any member of this forum would let pass a chance to meet the famous Lia Labowe. I certainly didn't, although it was a close thing; I'm about to write many good things about her, but first I have to warn you that setting up the session was quite an arduous task. I had contacted her many weeks in advance because I knew I wouldn't stay in Boston for more than a day, but the session was confirmed only a few hours before I had to leave. At this point I was sure I had missed a unique opportunity to meet her, so imagine my excitement when she finally replied to me.

I booked a room near the train station and waited for her in the lobby. The weather was horrible and I can count on my fingers the number of times I was as cold as that morning in Boston. Lia was dressed accordingly and carried a Starbucks cup to warm her hands. For a moment I didn't recognize her. The famous wrestler looked like any tired mom clinging to her coffee for dear life.

As soon as we closed the door of the room behind us and got changed, the illusion dissipated (some would say that's when it started, but eh) and I was facing the star of innumerable wrestling videos. I had asked for semi-comp and while we took place on opposite sides of the bed, I thought that maybe I should request some holds. In particular, the legendary mounted triangle that she never fails to apply on her tired opponents as a finishing move.

Well I don't know what it says about my fitness level and my wrestling skills, but before I could ask anything she had overcome my defence with insulting ease and I found myself staring up at her perfect body and smiling face. My neck and one of my arms were firmly secured between her legs and the pressure was already starting to build up.

It set the tone for the rest of the session. Despite my best efforts, Lia had no trouble putting me in hold after hold after hold. She probably used her whole repertoire and I couldn't do anything about it. I've done quite a lot of sessions by now and the only other time I felt so powerless against such a tiny woman was during my session with Veve Lane. What a humbling experience!

I did mention my interest for knockouts and since her friend Ashley Wildcat had managed to put me to sleep several times, she was keen on trying too, but sadly I had to tap every time. Her legs are simply incredible.

All in all, an awesome session with a wonderful person, a gorgeous woman and a terrific wrestler.

How did Ashley put you to sleep? Was it much pain?
The Following User Says Thank You to mcginty For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Nov-20, 11:57
Points: 14,964, Level: 53 Points: 14,964, Level: 53 Points: 14,964, Level: 53
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,388 Times in 342 Posts

Haha it's not a real review thread until you've asked this question! I love you @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], never change!

Ashley put me to sleep with reverse headscissors and rear naked chokes. Once we had figured out the right technique, it was quite painless.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grapluc For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Nov-20, 22:19
Points: 1,814, Level: 17 Points: 1,814, Level: 17 Points: 1,814, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Lia has a nice and fit girl-nextdoor look. I just wish these women wouldn't keep adding these big tattoos on their backs . But it is their bodies.
The Following User Says Thank You to 80sports For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Dec-20, 01:09
Points: 3,717, Level: 25 Points: 3,717, Level: 25 Points: 3,717, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapluc [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Another review that I should have written a long time ago... especially since @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] had correctly guessed the identity of the wrestler who got me in [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].

I don't think that any member of this forum would let pass a chance to meet the famous Lia Labowe. I certainly didn't, although it was a close thing; I'm about to write many good things about her, but first I have to warn you that setting up the session was quite an arduous task. I had contacted her many weeks in advance because I knew I wouldn't stay in Boston for more than a day, but the session was confirmed only a few hours before I had to leave. At this point I was sure I had missed a unique opportunity to meet her, so imagine my excitement when she finally replied to me.

I booked a room near the train station and waited for her in the lobby. The weather was horrible and I can count on my fingers the number of times I was as cold as that morning in Boston. Lia was dressed accordingly and carried a Starbucks cup to warm her hands. For a moment I didn't recognize her. The famous wrestler looked like any tired mom clinging to her coffee for dear life.

As soon as we closed the door of the room behind us and got changed, the illusion dissipated (some would say that's when it started, but eh) and I was facing the star of innumerable wrestling videos. I had asked for semi-comp and while we took place on opposite sides of the bed, I thought that maybe I should request some holds. In particular, the legendary mounted triangle that she never fails to apply on her tired opponents as a finishing move.

Well I don't know what it says about my fitness level and my wrestling skills, but before I could ask anything she had overcome my defence with insulting ease and I found myself staring up at her perfect body and smiling face. My neck and one of my arms were firmly secured between her legs and the pressure was already starting to build up.

It set the tone for the rest of the session. Despite my best efforts, Lia had no trouble putting me in hold after hold after hold. She probably used her whole repertoire and I couldn't do anything about it. I've done quite a lot of sessions by now and the only other time I felt so powerless against such a tiny woman was during my session with Veve Lane. What a humbling experience!

I did mention my interest for knockouts and since her friend Ashley Wildcat had managed to put me to sleep several times, she was keen on trying too, but sadly I had to tap every time. Her legs are simply incredible.

All in all, an awesome session with a wonderful person, a gorgeous woman and a terrific wrestler.

Hello and thanks for this review! I hope to see her before she retires.

When you say ".....she was keen on trying too, but sadly I had to tap every time.", what do you mean? You tapped because the pain got to be too much? Something else?

I'm just trying to understand why Lia was not able to KO you.
The Following User Says Thank You to sunsetbob For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Dec-20, 09:15
Points: 14,964, Level: 53 Points: 14,964, Level: 53 Points: 14,964, Level: 53
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,388 Times in 342 Posts

Yeah she would have knocked me out if she had ignored my taps (which I maybe should have asked for, in retrospect), but it was too painful for me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grapluc For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Aug-21, 03:09
Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

I have done sessions since sometime in the late 1990s, and believe it or not, today was the first time I had the opportunity to session with Lia Labowe.

She was amazing and, no surprise, she dominated me thoroughly. She’s a purple belt in BJJ now, she told me — not sure if that’s new — and she was way stronger than she looks.

From pictures I had seen and reviews I had read, I thought she would be on the petite side. But there was plenty of muscle in her leg, which I noticed immediately upon entering the room.

I’m about six inches taller and maybe 105-110 pounds heavier, but she had her way with me and I had little chance to ever do anything offensive. I think if I told her she wasn’t allowed to do jiu-jitsu, she would have beaten me anyway, though it would have been a bit harder.

She was extremely fun to talk with, very pleasant and intelligent. Communication setting up the session and then on the day of was a breeze.

I knew what I was in for when I got there, but what made it hot was that she knew it too, and let me know it. Her trash talking was great and to me, that adds to the pleasure of the session.

I found her to be strong in the upper body too, though clearly stronger in the lower body.

For those who would ask, yes, there are men who are stronger in the upper body, but I think she’s going to be a handful for anyone other than a pro fighter who has a lesser belt than she does. As a fighter, she’s smart, she anticipates what you’re going to do and she’s very creative. She’s also highly flexible.

She did to me pretty much what she did to the dudes she fought on FightPulse, though I’m much bigger than they are.

For sure, Yasmin was better IMHO. I sessioned Yasmin many times and she’s by far the best I ever met. I think Dez Desire could handle Lia, too, though Lia has a higher belt. But Dez is big, strong and is a pro fighter. Without spending a ton of time thinking about it, I’d put Lia in the class with Jolene Hexx and Veve Lane as among the best I’ve ever met beyond Yas and Dez.

It was really enjoyable and the time flew by. I can’t recommend Lia highly enough. She is what you heard, and more.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wrestlebrett For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Aug-21, 05:31
Points: 3,009, Level: 22 Points: 3,009, Level: 22 Points: 3,009, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlebrett [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

She was extremely fun to talk with, very pleasant and intelligent. Communication setting up the session and then on the day of was a breeze.
Exactly my experience as well. She's amazingly friendly and makes you super comfortable.

But she's also unbelievably vicious (as in great) as a grappler. Holy moly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mustang40k For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Oct-21, 18:42
Points: 2,423, Level: 20 Points: 2,423, Level: 20 Points: 2,423, Level: 20
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

I think she is doing yoga. How does this help in her strength and flexibilty when she applies a headscissor? Someone experience?
Old 26-Oct-21, 15:53
Points: 153, Level: 3 Points: 153, Level: 3 Points: 153, Level: 3
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Lia has been "retiring" for years.

Just my personal experience, but she made it impossible to actually grapple. Hemming and hawing, postponing, re-scheduling, canceling, retiring....add, rinse, repeat. Totally wasted my time and didn't give a F.
Old 07-Mar-23, 17:16
Points: 2,743, Level: 21 Points: 2,743, Level: 21 Points: 2,743, Level: 21
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default lia labowe

has anyone had a session with her recently? how are her skills holding up -- she's no longer young is she still a svelte beauty - some of her pics seem to indicate she's put on some weight?
yes to see her or pass???