Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 15-Oct-21, 13:54
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts
Default Re: Dana Dru Everson in Kickboer 4 (1994)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPower [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Unfortunately however, it is in that latter aspect where it falls apart for me. Because it's just too casual. The only action we get are a couple of punches, a blocked kick and a push. And as brutal as the villain's finishing move is, he's not using his body to inflict any punishment, but just banging her head on the floor. Meaning that, to all intents and purposes, he might as well just be bonking her on the head with a stick, it's so completely unsatisfying.

The most disheartening thing is that it would have taken so very little to fix it. Keep the opening seconds of the fight as they are, a tease for what's to come. Then for the finish, have him launch into a flurry of stomach and face kicks... just say for 20-30 seconds, that would have been enough. And then put her down with a big face kick before then applying his head-into-the-floor finisher.
That sums it up pretty well for me, too. I'm ok with either the male or the female winning, but I'd like to see an actual fight. The degree of mismatch and the casual humiliation inflicted makes this scene a real downer.
The Following User Says Thank You to del For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Oct-21, 18:14
Points: 3,903, Level: 26 Points: 3,903, Level: 26 Points: 3,903, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Totally agree! And I always was frustrated since, in the scenari off this movie, before entering in the first day of the tournament, she necessarily had to compete and win at least one fight that we can only imagine ��.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jocapi For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Oct-21, 18:48
Points: 3,174, Level: 23 Points: 3,174, Level: 23 Points: 3,174, Level: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPower [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My take on this fight is from the other side of the fence, that of the purely maledom fan. And in-particular, a fan of Martial Arts maledom, which is sadly amongst the most rare.

In terms of its set up, this is fight is my dream scenario. The male fighter is of a similar size to his female opponent, so his victory would be all about his skill and not his strength. And it's possibly the only mainstream maledom Martial Arts fight where the male is also barefoot. Likewise, the tone of the fight is exactly in my wheelhouse. The woman, skilled but completely outclassed. The male, by far the better fighter and able to dominate the fight almost casually.

Unfortunately however, it is in that latter aspect where it falls apart for me. Because it's just too casual. The only action we get are a couple of punches, a blocked kick and a push. And as brutal as the villain's finishing move is, he's not using his body to inflict any punishment, but just banging her head on the floor. Meaning that, to all intents and purposes, he might as well just be bonking her on the head with a stick, it's so completely unsatisfying.

The most disheartening thing is that it would have taken so very little to fix it. Keep the opening seconds of the fight as they are, a tease for what's to come. Then for the finish, have him launch into a flurry of stomach and face kicks... just say for 20-30 seconds, that would have been enough. And then put her down with a big face kick before then applying his head-into-the-floor finisher.

For me, this fight will always be a source of enormous frustration. In concept, it's literally everything I ever wanted in a maledom fight. But in application, it promises everything, but delivers nothing.
That's the best way i've seen somebody summerize the whole ideal, thank you.
Old 27-Oct-21, 18:58
Points: 3,174, Level: 23 Points: 3,174, Level: 23 Points: 3,174, Level: 23

Quote:
My take on this fight is from the other side of the fence, that of the purely maledom fan. And in-particular, a fan of Martial Arts maledom, which is sadly amongst the most rare.

In terms of its set up, this is fight is my dream scenario. The male fighter is of a similar size to his female opponent, so his victory would be all about his skill and not his strength. And it's possibly the only mainstream maledom Martial Arts fight where the male is also barefoot. Likewise, the tone of the fight is exactly in my wheelhouse. The woman, skilled but completely outclassed. The male, by far the better fighter and able to dominate the fight almost casually.

For me, this fight will always be a source of enormous frustration. In concept, it's literally everything I ever wanted in a maledom fight. But in application, it promises everything, but delivers nothing.
Indeed, it felt like there was some promise of at least some potential to be had there but it was handled so poorly that yeah, you can only frustrate yourself, i wonder how it was written in the script.
It's a shame it not available.
Old 16-Jul-22, 19:07
Points: 245, Level: 4 Points: 245, Level: 4 Points: 245, Level: 4
Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0%

Female Supremacy Re: Dana Dru Everson in Kickboer 4 (1994)

The movie would have been a lot better if Dana had a bigger role. She should have won a couple of matches. I love her outfit 🥋 wish there was a scene with her beating and humiliating a male opponent.

Tags
barefoot, dana dru evenson, feet, judo, karate, kickboxer 4, kumite, maledom, tournament