Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 11-Jul-22, 22:59
Points: 9,936, Level: 42 Points: 9,936, Level: 42 Points: 9,936, Level: 42
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default A blog about "Thoughts on relationships, martial arts and gender roles."

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I hope this is not a repost,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to observer2 For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jul-22, 08:45
Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,520 Times in 4,307 Posts
Default Re: A blog about "Thoughts on relationships, martial arts and gender roles."

damn it!!

I wanted to read, and this blog has been up for 3 years, and he took down most of the blog yesterday, 13 july!! One day late ! Grrr

"I started this blog 4 years ago, because I felt there were a couple subjects that very few people talked about publicly, but that deserved to be addressed. All in all, I published 40 posts here.

However, since quite a while back I feel I no longer have the inspiration, nor the time to work on this blog. But instead of just abandoning it, closing it down or deleting it all for good, I decided to keep some of the most popular posts here.

Last but not least, I also want to take this opportunity to say thank you to all readers for your time and your feedback!

Advertisements

REPORT THIS ADPRIVACY
This entry was posted in Uncategorized on July 13, 2022."
Old 14-Jul-22, 09:27
Points: 15,057, Level: 53 Points: 15,057, Level: 53 Points: 15,057, Level: 53
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,698 Times in 610 Posts
Default Re: A blog about "Thoughts on relationships, martial arts and gender roles."

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepkick [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
damn it!!

I wanted to read, and this blog has been up for 3 years, and he took down most of the blog yesterday, 13 july!! One day late ! Grrr
"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fidelcastrato For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jul-22, 09:57
Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,520 Times in 4,307 Posts

Thanks

Here is some of the post, if the blog go missing, we can read the post here:

"Reader question: “Do you feel like less of a man?”
5 Replies

A while back, I received a message from a guy who had read sa couple of posts on this blog. He asked me if my wife’s martial arts expertise and the fact that she can easily “kick my butt” in any way made me feel like less of a man in my relationship with her.

I can see where he is coming from and why he would pose this question. I know that for many men, getting your butt kicked “by a girl” is a huge embarrassment and basically means that you should “turn in your man card”. On the other hand, for many others, the whole thing is a total non-issue because martial arts is a skill like any other and relationships aren’t about two people beating each other up anyway, so obviously it doesn’t make a guy any less of a man.

So does my wife’s martial arts expertise and training make me feel like less of a man? No, it doesn’t. But it has challenged how I think of manliness and what it means to be a man (hence, one of the reasons I started this blog two years ago).

Even though I have been in a relationship with my wife for quite a long time now and years have passed since she first gave me a first hand demonstration of her martial arts skills and the effectiveness of hapkido techniques, I can still feel a certain level of embarrassment thinking and talking about it. It still “hurts my pride” to some extent and there is a sense of frustration that I, as a man with a significant size, weight and strength “advantage” over her, am not able to simply overpower her in a physical contest. But none of these feelings really affect me in my day to day life. To sum it up, I would say that it’s basically just a fact of life that I accept. Besides, the positive sides of my wife’s martial arts training (mostly for her of course, but also for me) are so much bigger and more important than any annoying feelings or stereotypes that I may sometimes experience.

However, I do think that to some extent I really would have felt less of a man if I hadn’t be able to admit that – because of her years of martial arts practice and natural talent for that – my wife is way better than me at fighting and self defence. I mean if I had tried to make up excuses or if I had been lying to others and maybe to myself about it. So I would say my advice to other men in a similar situation is to simply be honest, accept it and give the woman credit for the talent and hard work she has put down to achieve these skills. Be proud of her!"

"You’re very honest and as you said it helps to accept the situation. Bravo."

"Don’t feel embarrassed I would love to get beat up by a black belt girlfriend"
The Following User Says Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jul-22, 15:23
Banned
Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32
Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5%

Try this.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fvsfforever For This Useful Post:

Tags
blog, gender roles, martial arts, relationships